BlogoftheBiker.com Logo

Friday, November 9, 2012

A little Salt Flat influenced | XS650 Chopper

A little Salt Flat influenced | XS650 Chopper

A little Salt Flat influenced

a2012 11 600x330  A little Salt Flat influenced

- Finished!

Hello, My name is Mike McFadden and I live in Owensboro, KY and work out of my shop beside my home going by the name of M&M Customs below is the info on the “Salt Shaker” build. I finally finished up the XS650, as you can see here. The bike came to me from a Yamaha District Manager after talking about a 72 CB500 Cafรฉ I was working on at that time. The bike was sent to a local Yamaha dealer and I picked it up with the Bill of Sale in hand.  The bike is a 1980 XS650 Special and has about 8000 miles on the odometer. It hadn’t ran in awhile due to some brake issues up front. I brought it home started to cut and just went with what I could do in the garage